How to get rid of back hair permanently at home, is a question that comes in every man’s mind. The question arises mostly when he is aging. Moreover, it depends on the genes and sometimes the external factors as well. The sorted part of aging is that the place where he wants the hairs to be, that is, head, there it becomes thin and slowly sheds out in patches.
Most of the men experience baldness on the head as they age. But interestingly, hairs start growing in several other areas like the shoulder, back, etc., where nobody wants that the hairs should grow. In this article, I will discuss some effective ways to get rid of back hair permanently at home.
Must read about Best Budget Electric Shaver.
Why do the back hairs grow in men?
Before moving to the hair removal methods, it is very important to know the readings behind the growth of back hairs. Here are some of the most important factors, that are responsible for the growth of back hairs in men:-
As men grow older, their body hairs start growing in various portions of the body, especially on the shoulder and back area. Moreover, the hairs start growing in small patches like small fuzzy hair, but later they start becoming thick and strong.
Testosterone is the main hormone of the male body. An increase in the levels of this primary hormone in the body also leads to the growth of back hair.
Another most important factor of back hair growth is genes. Most of the appearance factors always depend upon the genetics of an individual. If your family has a history of excessive body hair growth, then you will also have the same issues.
This is not a very common reason for body hair growth, but still, in some men, this is the major reason for it. If an individual is going through certain treatment and is consuming some medications regularly, he will see a growth of body hairs on several body parts. Some medicines are loaded with strong chemical compounds whose side effects can result in this back hair growth.
This we all know that how we look from outside, always depends on what we put inside our bodies. Whatever you eat will reflect on your body. Certain food habits can also lead to excessive back and body hair growth. For instance, people who are bodybuilding, consume a lot of protein, which in turn may affect body hair growth.
Hair growth rate:
It is not a major factor, still plays a significant role in the growth of back hairs. Generally, males have higher hair growth rates as compared to females. There is peach fuzz present on the body. The higher hair growth rates stimulate the growth of that fuzzy body hair and in turn, they become thick, strong and one wants to get this back hair.
These were some of the important factors that lead to excessive back hair growth in males. Going further in this article, I will discuss how to get rid of back hair permanently at home.
Be with me till the end to know in detail about it. You will find a huge number of articles about female body hair removal on the internet, but regarding males, they are very few. Read this article to get complete and detailed information.
Also read about How to Stop Itching after Shaving Pubic Area.
How to get rid of back hair permanently at home?
This is the main question that you are waiting to be answered. More before starting the methods here is a quick disclaimer, if you are not interested in removing those hairs from the body, it does affect anything about your personality or appearance. It is a sole choice of an individual, whether he wants to remove the excessive back hair or not. And if you are among the second category then continue reading this article to find out how to get rid of back hair permanently at home.
There are so many hair removal methods available in the market, but remember, you can never get rid of them forever, rather you can limit or minimize the hair growth, which will help in the long run. Following are some of the most popular methods to get rid of back hair permanently at home:-
The very inexpensive and most commonly used body hair removal method is shaving. For shaving you just require three things, a shaving gel or foam, a good quality razor, and an after-shave lotion, that’s it and you are good to go.
- Shaving is a painless method of hair removal.
- Apply the shaving gel or foam on the streets where you want to remove the hair, use the razor in the opposite direction of hair growth, rinse it with water and apply the after-shave lotion.
- Exfoliating before the shaving process gives a good result.
- Shaving is an inexpensive method of back hair removal.
- The major drawback of shaving is that the hair will regrow in 2-3 days and you will start feeling the pocky hairs on your back.
- Another disadvantage is that it leads to ingrown hair problems.
- Shaving cuts the hairs from the top layer of the skin. This is the reason that when the hair regrows, it feels pocky.
- Shaving does not give long-lasting and smooth effects as the regrowth of hair is really quick.
The next most popular method to get rid of back hair is waxing. Waxing is costlier than the shaving method. Moreover, you need the assistance of an expert while doing these hair removal methods.
- Waxing gives good results, which lasts from 2 weeks to 4 weeks, depending on the rate of growth of body hairs.
- For waxing, you need to book a salon appointment or you need an expert with you.
- Waxing requires a lot of things like hard or soft wax, wax heater machine, talcum powder, butter knife, wax strips, and body lotion.
- Apply some talcum powder on the body to remove the excess oil or moisture from the body.
- The hard or soft wax is heated in a wax heater.
- Then with the help of a butter knife apply the warm wax on the areas where you want to remove the hairs.
- Place a wax strip on the area and rub it in the direction of hair growth.
- Hold an end of the wax strips and pull it firmly in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- And the hair is now removed.
- Apply a moisturizer or body lotion afterward to soothe the area.
- This method removes the hair from roots, thus the results last for a long time.
- This is a painful hair removal method.
- Also, you need to be careful while applying the warm wax, as if it is hot, it may burn your skin.
Must read about Best Electric Shaver For Sensitive Skin.
3. Depilatory creams
Next, the most commonly used method of body hair removal is, using Depilatory creams.
- Depilatory creams are a painless way to remove back hairs.
- This is an inexpensive method of hair removal.
- These are chemical-based creams, which remove the hair from the upper layer of the skin.
- You just need the depilation cream, spatula, and a wiping cloth.
- Apply the depilation cream with the help of a spatula on the areas where you want to remove the hairs.
- Apply a thick layer.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness and length of the hair to be removed.
- Then with the help of a wiping cloth, clean the cream from the body and rinse it with normal tap water.
- The results may last from 7-10 days only.
- These veterans may adversely react to the skin, so patch tests are mandatory.
- Depilatory creams may irritate the skin or cause a burning sensation, as there are several harmful chemicals present in them.
Electrolysis is the most effective and kind of permanent way to get rid of back hair. If you are looking for long-term results, this is the method that you can opt for.
- Epilation gives good results that last for a few weeks and if used continuously, it will help in reducing the regrowth as well.
- This is an expensive hair removal method.
- You need an expert on this.
- You can visit an Electrologist, to perform the process.
- In this process, short radio waves are used and distributed through the body with the help of fine needles.
- These radio waves tend to weaken the hair follicles, which in turn restricts hair growth.
- This method is painful.
- In some severe cases, it may cause side effects like redness, scars, skin irritation, etc.
Have a look on Best Straight Razors for Beginners.
5. Laser hair removal
We have heard about this method a lot. And this is one of the most effective and kind of permanent ways to get rid of body hairs. Laser hair removals are very popular these days.
- Laser hair removal gives the best results, as the regrowth of hair is allowed down.
- The results will last for several months.
- Laser hair removal is very costly.
- For ladder hair removal, you need to visit a certified clinic.
- You have to take several sessions, to above the desired results.
- The laser hair removal method targets the hair follicles and damages them.
- The regrowth will be fine and sparse.
- The hairs that will regrow, will be fined and lighter in color.
- As you take multiple sessions, it may help in removing the hairs permanently from the body.
- In some cases, it can also cause side effects like skin irritation, pigmentation, redness, blisters, scars, etc.
6. Prescription creams
Prescription creams are considered to be the safe and semi-permanent method of hair removal.
- In this method, you need to get an appointment with a dermatologist.
- Depending on the hair growth and your skin type, they will prescribe some medicated creams, which will help in removing the hairs.
- It is cost-effective.
- The results are semi-permanent or may be permanent in some cases.
- These creams target and destroy the enzymes that cause hair growth on the body.
- You need to apply these creams to the desired areas.
- These creams will not give the results instantly.
- You have to be patient and use the treatment for free weeks, to achieve good results.
- These creams may cause skin rashes or redness in some individuals.
Must read about Philips Norelco Bodygroom 7100 Review
Conclusion of How to Get Rid of Back Hair Permanently
These were some of the most common and effective ways to remove back hair permanently. It depends upon your budget and choice, which method you would prefer and want to use. So this was all about how to get rid of back hair permanently at home. If you don’t want to do all these clumsy methods, let the hairs grow, it will not harm you. Make your decision and act wisely.