Using blades and regular razors for shaving is kind of out of fashion now. When it comes to shaving people are more often choose electric shavers over regular razors. However, there is two type of electric shavers available in the market – Rotary shaver and foil shaver. In this post, we’re going to tell you some of the best rotary shavers and we’ll also tell you why a rotary shaver is a good choice for routing shaving compared to foil shavers.
Rotary shavers are more popular razor types because of their ergonomic design that glides smoothly over your face skin. The circular blades offer smooth shaver without any cuts and nicks at your skin. In this post, you’ll get all the details about rotary shavers along with a buying guide and comparison between rotary and foil shavers.
Visit our site for more guide on best electric shaver.
- List of Best Rotary Shavers In 2020
- Best Rotary Shavers 2020
- 1. Philips Norelco Shaver 2300 S1211/81
- 2. Philips Norelco Shaver 3800, S3311/85
- 3. Philips Norelco Shaver 3500 S3212/82
- 4. HATTEKER Electric Shaver Rotary Razor
- 5. Philips Norelco S8950 Electric Shaver
- 6. Teamyo Electric Head Shavers for Bald Men
- 7. OriHea Electric Shavers for Men
- 8. MAX-T Men’s Electric Shaver – Corded and Cordless Rechargeable 3D Rotary Shaver Razor for Men
- 9. Philips Norelco 6880 Electric Shaver
- 10. Skull Shaver Pitbull Platinum PRO Electric Razor
- Things to Consider before Buying a Best Rotary Shaver for Yourself
- Is Brand Matters?
- Advantages of Rotary Shaver
List of Best Rotary Shavers In 2020
|Easy to Clean||Easy to Clean||Philips Norelco Shaver 2300 S1211||Check Price|
|Easy to Hold||Easy to Hold||Philips Norelco Shaver 3800||Check Price|
|Easy to Clean||Easy to Clean||Philips Norelco Shaver 3500 S3212||Check Price|
|Value for Money||Value for Money||HATTEKER Electric Shaver Rotary Razor||Check Price|
|Best Battery Life||Best Battery Life||Philips Norelco S8950 Electric Shaver||Check Price|
|Easy to Hold||Easy to Hold||Teamyo Electric Head Shavers for Bald Men||Check Price|
|Easy to Hold||Easy to Hold||OriHea Electric Shavers for Men||Check Price|
|Best for Traveling||Best for Traveling||MAX-T Men’s Electric Shaver||Check Price|
|Best Battery Life||Best Battery Life||Philips Norelco 6880 Electric Shaver||Check Price|
|Easy to Hold||Easy to Hold||Skull Shaver Pitbull Platinum PRO Electric Razor||Check Price|
Best Rotary Shavers 2020
The Philips Norelco shaver 2300 is one of the best rotary shavers then you can buy. It comes with Comfort Blades that offers smooth and comfortable routine shaving. One of the interesting and eye-catching feature I found in this shaver it is pop up trimmer. Yes, you’ve heard right! It comes with a built-in pop-up trimmer that allows you to trim your mustaches and sideburns conveniently. Only a few shavers offer this feature which makes the grooming process easier for you.
The design of this shaver is pretty standard. It comes with a 4D flex heads that offer a clean shave. Good thing is that the head automatically adjusts to the curves of your face. You don’t need to put a lot of pressure to get a close shave. I like the minimal design of this shaver as it contains only one button.
- It offers an inbuilt trimmer for adjusting your mustaches and sideburns.
- For easy cleaning, it comes with a click to open a button that opens the shaver head which allows you to rinse it with water.
- With this amazing shaver, you will get 40 minutes of cordless shaving in a single charge. You can also use it with a cord for instant and continuous power.
- It is fully washable under the tap and works well in both wet and dry conditions.
- Philips offers stainless steel blades in this shaver that offers clean shave each time.
- It weighs only 0.99 pounds and it doesn’t feel heavy in your hands.
The performance of this shaver is amazing as it contains 27 self-sharpening blades that gently cut facial hairs without giving any nicks and cuts. You don’t even need to put pressure on the skin as it adapts your skin and cuts the hair accordingly.
If you are looking for a clean shave without fuss then the Philips Norelco Shaver 2300 will be a good choice for you.
Have a look on Philips Norelco Bodygroom 7100 Review 2020.
2. Philips Norelco Shaver 3800, S3311/85
The Norelco Shaver 3800 is an upgraded model of the Norelco 2300 Series. It comes with 4D pivot and flexes heads whereas in the 2300 series you’ll get only a 4D pivoting head. However, for the extra features, it’ll cost a little extra compared to the Philips Norelco 2300. It has a 4.5 out of 5-star rating on Amazon.
The design of this shaver is really amazing and it looks premium to me. Thanks to the ergonomic handle that comes with anti-slip rubber your shaver will not slip out from your hand. In the middle, you will see a high-quality power button and battery level indicator below it.
- You can use it in both wet and dry conditions. Use it in dry condition if you are in a hurry or do a wet shave with shaving foam or gel for a refreshed and clean shave.
- It offers ComfortCut blades that cut all your facial hair comfortably.
- With a dedicated popup trimmer, you can adjust your mustaches and sideburns easily.
- With 8 hours of charging you will get 60 minutes of cordless shaving.
- Just press the button and flip open the shaver head to wash under the running tap water.
- The 3 level battery indicator shows the remaining battery life.
- It comes with a travel pouch that allows you to carry it anywhere with you.
- You will get a dedicated charging stand with this shaver and you just need the put it in the stand and it will start charging.
The 5D flex heads of this shaver follow your face counters and allow you to smoothly glide the shaver on your face without getting any cuts. It comes with a powerful Li-ion battery that offers 60 minutes of runtime in a single charge. Apart from this, it supports quick charge as well that charges your battery in 5 minutes which will be enough for one shave.
By paying some extra bucks you will get a quick charge, travel pouch, charging stand which makes it a perfect alternative to the Philips Norelco 2300 Series.
Whether it’s your routine shaving, touch up, or changing your mustaches style, the Norelco shaver 3500 will do the job for you. It has over 650+ ratings on amazon with 4.5 out of 5 stars. The Norelco shaver 3500 will not miss any hair on your neck and chin and gives you a close shave every time.
The design is pretty the same as the Norelco 3800 where you will get 3 level battery indicator along with a single power on-off button. The only difference I found in this shaver is that it doesn’t come with a charging stand.
- Get convenient wet and dry shave.
- 60 minutes of cordless shaving in 90 minutes of charging.
- Inbuilt popup trimmer for adjusting sideburns and mustaches.
- Rubberized grip for smooth handling.
- In the box, you will get a travel pouch, charger, user manual, and the shaver itself.
The performance is also as same as The Norelco 3800 electric shaver. You will get 5D Pivot & Flex Heads that offers a comfortable and smooth shaving experience. The head of this shaver easily reaches your face and adjusts itself to the curves of your face and neck.
There is not much difference between the Philips Norelco Shaver 3500 and 3800. By sacrificing the charging stand you will get the same features at a lesser price. If you want to save additional money then buy this otherwise stick with the Norelco Shaver 3800.
Next on our list, we have Hatteker Electric shaver. It comes at a much lesser price compared to the Philips Norelco series and offers great features which makes it a value for money product. It has over 1700+ rating on amazon with 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Comes to the design I really like the ergonomic design of this shaver. In the middle, you will get a power on-off button and below it, you will see an LCD indicator that shows the remaining battery life in minutes. Along with this, you will get a low battery indicator and a transport lock indicator as well.
Thanks to the USB charging cable you can charge this shaver with your laptop, pc, or mobile charger. You don’t need to use a dedicated charger to charge this shaver which makes it a perfect choice for travelers.
- The whole body of this shaver is washable and you can clean the head with a simple click of a button.
- It offers 60 minutes of runtime in a 90-minute charging which is more than enough for routine shaving.
- You will get all the important notification in the LED display.
- It shows the remaining battery life in minutes which makes it totally worth the price.
- You will get a shaver cap with this shaver to safeguard your blades from rust.
- It is fully washable and idle for both wet and dry shaving.
- In the box, you will get the Electric Shaver, Cleaning brush, USB charging cord, Traveling Bag, and User Manual.
The Hatteker shaver comes with a pop-up trimmer and if your beard it long then you can use the pop-up trimmer to trim the hairs first. It will make the shaving process easier and you will get much better shaving. For ultimate performance, Hatteker shaver comes with a 4 Directional floating ultra-advanced shaving head that cuts the hair smoothly at remaining gently on the skin at the same time.
If you are looking for a quick and comfortable shave for an affordable price then the Hatteker electric shaver is all you need.
Philips is known for manufacturing premium quality shaver and Philips Norelco 8900 is one of them. It has 4 stars rating and more 1658 reviews on Amazon. Norelco 8900 is powerful and convenient for the close shave. They use contour technology to detect your face’s contours and cut up to 20% more hairs in a single go and the rounded tips prevent any kind and skin irritation.
The design of this trimmer is futuristic and very aggressive. The shaver has 3 heads for shaving and every head is independent moves in 8 directions and gives you a more accurate and clear look. The V shape blades reach 30% closer to your skin. The ergonomic design of the handle provides a better grip to the trimming and lets you cover all of the body contours more preciously.
- V-Track Precision Blades cut more hairs.
- 3 independently floating heads to cover every corner.
- Smart click Beard Styler.
- Interface with 3 level battery indicator and travel lock
- Charges fully in one hour
- Built to last, the shaver comes with a full 2-year warranty
Norelco trimmer is mainly known for its performance and reliability. They use a Lithium-ion rechargeable battery which gives you power like a corded shaver. It provides 50 minutes of runtime in a single charge and takes 2-4 hours for a full charge. The shaver has a 3 level LED battery indicator for charging and battery capacity status. It is fully waterproof and provides dry or wet shave with gel or foam, and usable in the shower.
According to my point of view, Philips Trimmer has many series of Norelco because of its amazing design and performance. However, some users did not like the product. But apart from that, this is a quite amusing product in this price range if you are spending $100+ on a shaver then Norelco 8900 is the best choice for you.
If you are searching for Best Electric Shaver For Bald Head, then here is list of best electric shaver for bald head 2020.
Teamyo electric head shaver is a Smart & multifunctional product that has Shaver, Trimmer, Nose Hair Trimmer, and Facial Cleansing brush. This Shavers specially designed for the bald men’s and give you the best experience. The Shaver uses 5D floating shaving head & blades which automatically adapt according to your face, neck, or head contours and provide a super close shave.
The design of this shaver is quite big compared to other shavers. You can feel the difference by looking at it. Teamyo’s rotary shaver has an ergonomic design which gives you more controller over shaving and trimming.
Changing the attachment is pretty simple you just have to place your finger on the two sides of the blades and gently pry the shaving head upwards it will De-attach the shaver head from the body.
- Deep & Smooth Shave with the 5d Floating head.
- Strong Motor & Faster Shaver
- USB Quickly Charging with LED Display.
- Waterproof with IPX-7 rating for wet & Dry Use.
- Multifunctional grooming kit
The Shaver has a powerful motor that takes 3-5 minutes to shave your head and 1-2 minutes for the beard. It is a Rechargeable trimmer and you can also power it via charging cable for longer use.
The Shaver took 1.5 hours for full charging and give you 90 minutes of run time in a single charge. It uses an LED display that shows battery capacity and charging status. You can also set a cleaning reminder, charging reminder, travel lock.
It is one of the best shavers in this price range you will get 4 detachable attachment for shaving, trimming, nose hair trimming, and facial cleaning brush along with 3 hair clippers with 3-5-7 mm guide comb. In the end, I can say that this shaver is an underrated product and highly recommended by us.
The OriHea electric shaver is a very unique and eye-catching shaver. It comes with a 5 in 1 multifunctional kit. You will get a head razor for bald head, a hair clipper, nose hair trimmer, and a grooming kit. The OriHea shaver has 630+ ratings on amazon with 4.4 out of 5 stars.
The size of this shaver is very less compared to Philips Norelco shavers and it weighs only 199 grams. Currently, Amazon is giving a $10 off coupon on this shaver so make sure to check it out before the offer gets expired.
The design of the shaver is pretty unique and interesting. It may take you some time to hold this shaver properly but once you get used to it you will feel much better than. The OriHea shaver has 5D heads over 3D heads which covers more area in one go without compromising the comfort and smoothness while shaving.
- It is an IPX7 rated waterproof shaver and you can use it for both wet and dry shaving.
- You will get all the important notification in the LED screen such as Cleaning reminders, travel lock, low battery warning, etc.
- It comes with a USB charging cable that allows you to charge this shaver with power banks, laptop, PC, or mobile charger.
- In the box, you will get an Electric Shaver, Facial Cleansing Brush, Nose Hair Trimmer, Beard Trimmer, and Hair Clipper guide combs.
- You will get 90 minutes of runtime in 2 hours charging which makes it a decent shaver.
- The German imported blades offer the finest cutting on your facial hair.
The performance of OriHea electric shaver is topnotch. You will get an amazing shaving experience every time you use this shaver. It’s a complete grooming kit that contains all the essential attachments to fulfill your grooming and cleansing needs. The dual tracking cutting foil provides you with a comfortable and close shave.
Overall it is a very small and lightweight electric shaver. If you are female and want to gift something great to your husband or boyfriend to use at home or traveling then the OriHea electric shaver is an ideal choice for you.
Max-T Men’s electric shaver has included various features according to its value. It has a 3D floating head, USB Charging, 120 min of backup, and an IPX 7 rating. After looking at the price the shaver is proving too much. It has given a 4.5 rating on amazon by over 1500+ users. The shaver has 4 directional head which glides gently along your curves and contours and gives you a painless gentle shave.
The shaver is specially designed for shaving. You can hold this trimmer very easily due to its ergonomic design. At the top, it has 4 directional head with a hypoallergenic double-track stainless steel blade which rotates 360 degrees along with your contours and provides a smoother and gentle look.
The led display has 3 features smart travel lock to avoid unexpected activation on the way, Cleaning reminder flashes after 2 minutes of use, and the Battery Power countdown to display the remaining battery as a percentage along with charging status.
- 4 Directional 3D floating head to track your contours and curves.
- Smart Display for travel lock, remaining battery, and cleaning reminder.
- Hypo-allergenic Dual Track blades with auto sharpening technology.
- High-Speed powerful motors for unstoppable performance.
- Lithium-ion battery which provides 120 minutes of backup.
The overall performance of the shaver is pretty good. It has a one-touch popup trimmer to detail your beard, mustaches, and sideburns. The shaver has an IPX7 rating which makes it 100% waterproof for Wet and Dry use with or without get or foam.
It is a rechargeable shaver and uses a Lithium-Ion battery supported 60 minutes quick charge for 90 min continuous use and the corded feature allows you to use shaver while charging for longer operation.
Max-T men’s Electrical trimmer is one of the best under budget shaver in the market. It has all the feature that an ideal shaver need to have. If are looking for a budget-friendly rotary shaver then this trimmer is the best choice for you.
The Philips Norelco 6800 offers smooth shaving without compromising on closeness. This shaver comes with a unique shaving system called ComfortGlide which reduces the skin friction and cuts hairs in fewer passes.
The Norelco 6800 is designed in a way that allows you to reach hard areas like the neck and jawline without any nicks and cuts which makes it a perfect shaving tool.
The design of the Philips Norelco 6800 is pretty similar to the Norelco 8900. However, you will get some extra features in this shaver. In the middle, it has a power on-off button. One good thing I found in this shaver is the Skin guard mode which adjusts to a slower rotational speed for a more gently shave.
The button situated below the power on-off button. The LED display indicates battery life in 3 bars. It has other indicators such as Cleaning Indicator, Battery Low Indicator, Replacement Head Indicator, Travel Lock Indicator, Unplug for use indicator, etc which makes it an ideal shaver for yourself.
- The Rings of this shaver are protected by a special coating that acts as a shield and saves your face from irritation.
- The 72 self-sharpening blades easily cut hairs and offer close and comfortable shave.
- It has a multi flex head that automatically adjusts itself to the curves of your face.
- You can use it in both wet and dry conditions.
- With this shaver, you will get a dedicated trimmer that is ideal for maintaining your mustache and sideburns.
- It offers 50 minutes and runtime and takes only 60 minutes to full charge. You can even quickly charge the shaver for fast shaving.
- You’ll get a dedicated LED display for all notifications.
Norelco is known for its performance and you can believe in this shaver blindly. You will get the same smooth shaving been after years of use.
If you are a Norelco lover than take the Norelco Shaver 6800 a place in you’re grooming section.
Are you confused in choosing electric shaver for bald head? If yes, then here is post for you where we have made a list of Best Electric Shaver For Bald Head 2020.
Skull Shaver Pitbull Platinum pro is a premium shaver and comes under the price category of 200$. The performance of this shaver is very impressive the ultra-flexible pivoting blades give you extra reach and multi-directional shaving. The blade is designed to captures hair clippings inside the chambers to keep your skin clean.
The unique design and performance of the pitbull platinum pro offer unconventional comfort while shaving. It is equipped with his signature patented innovative ergonomic handle to ensure a better grip and perfectly pits in your hand for intuitive shaving of your head and face.
The blades are made from high-quality materials and cut any type of hair without struggling and capture clippings inside the chamber.
- Easy Cleaning for storage chambers.
- Offer unique flexibility & you will get smooth performance.
- A perfect close shave in a matter of seconds
- Great for head & face shaving
- Keep one in your car, office, or private jet for a quick shave on the go
- 90 minutes of cordless use with 1400 Mhz battery.
- Wet or Dry shave even in the shower.
This shaver comes in the category of premium products and every part is preciously design to give maximum performance. The high powered rotary motor gives you enough power to shave any type of hair.
They integrated a lithium-ion battery that allows quick charging and provides 90 minutes of the cordless shave. It also has an IPX5 rating that allows you to shave in any condition wet or dry with or without gel or foam. You can also use the shaver while charging.
According to me, it is an expensive shaver and comes in the premium category. Apart from that, the shaver is very powerful with top-notch design. You can check the shaver’s battery life in the given LCD display.
Things to Consider before Buying a Best Rotary Shaver for Yourself
So below are some of the important things you should consider before buying a rotary shaver for yourself.
Check Your Skin Type
Most of the rotary shaver doesn’t work well on sensitive skin compared to foil razors. However, there are some models available that work well on sensitive skin as well.
Most of the rotary shaver with 3 Directional shaving element. They smoothly glide around the curves of your face without giving any nicks and cuts. Most of our mentioned models offer three standard shaving elements except few.
Clean and Charge Station
There are some models that come with a dedicated charging station where you just need to put the shaver in it and it will lubricate and charge the shaver after every use. Having this feature is totally worth every penny as you don’t need to do manual cleaning.
Wet and Dry Shaving
Having both wet and dry shaving feature is good because you can use it under the shower or with your favorite shaving cream or gel without any worries. It is a good choice to go with a rotary shaver that offers both wet and dry functionality.
According to a study we found that not all men love dry shaving and it also makes your skin dry and rough. Wet shaving makes your skin smooth and gentle. Good thing is that the rotary shaver we reviewed above offers both wet and dry functionally.
Check for Accessories
Always check for accessories as they enhance your shaving experience. Check for accessories like LCD display, extra attachments, cleaning brushes, travel pouch, etc.
Cordless or Cord?
Some rotary shavers run only on battery power and if the battery discharged then you cannot able to use on charging. You must need to charge the shaver first then you will be able to use it.
The other one comes only in cord functionality and doesn’t have a dedicated battery in it. They are not good for some people because you cannot move the shaver freely as it is restricted by the power cord.
However good thing is that Some Shavers offer both cord and cordless functionality means you can use them while charging. You don’t even need to worry if your battery gets discharged. Just plug the power cord in the socket and start using the shaver.
Battery life matters if you are choosing a cordless shaver. A shaver must finish your routine shaving without getting discharged. Most of the electric rotary shavers offer up to 1 hour of runtime in a single charge which is more than enough for a single shave.
However, make sure to check how much time your shaver takes to fully charge the battery. Some smart shavers come with a quick charge that charges your completely drained battery in 5 minutes that can run the shaver for a single shaver. On the other hand, some shaver takes almost 8 hours to fully charge the battery. So it’s a good choice to go with a shaver that takes less time in charging the battery.
It is always a good choice to go with a shaver that offers a warranty. As it gives you peace of mind that you can use the shaver without any worries for at least a year or two. Some people pay more for the same feature because of the warranty. The models we reviewed in this post offer a great warranty and you can read their terms and conditions before buying the product.
Pivoting allows your shaver to adapt to your skin natural curves such as jawline. Interestingly rotary shavers are specially designed for pivoting as they come with 3 directional head that rotates and maintain a circling direction.
Easy To Clean
A rotary shaver should be easy to clean. However, they are not as easy to clean compare to foil counterparts. Thanks to the clean dock as known as the charging station which cleans and lubricates the shaver automatically and you don’t need to do manual cleaning.
Is Brand Matters?
To be honest yes! Brand matters. People believe blindly on brands. They know that if it’s a Philips or Braun shaver then it will be good for sure. However, it is not true all the time. You will get more features at a less price from a lesser-known company.
But popular brands advertise in a way that you will get attention for their product only. It’s totally up to you that if you want to go with a specific brand shaver or with any value for money electric rotary shaver.
Advantages of Rotary Shaver
As the things getting smarter day by day, rotary shavers are also getting smarter. They are not just regular shavers they are more than that. The major advantages of using a rotary shaver over foil shaver are as follows:
- Rotary shaver offers much better shaving if you have thick or fast-growing hair on your face. They come with a 3 Directional head that cuts your hair in different directions so if your hairs grow in many directions than rotary shaver will be a good choice for you.
- Rotary shavers are good for tough skin and if you are above 30 years of age and been shaving from years then your skin will getting tougher. A good quality rotary shaver will give you a comfortable shave no matter how old you are.
- As the rotary shaver’s head moves in different directions it will automatically adjust the heads on contours and curves of your face.
- Rotary shavers are very quiet compared to foil shavers. However rotary shavers are not a good choice for sensitive skin.
- Look for a rotary shaver that offers a more powerful motor as it can efficiently cut your hairs in less time.
- When it comes to cleaning rotary shavers are harder to clean compared to foil shavers. You need to disassemble a lot of parts to clean the leftover shave gel and facial hairs. However, some rotary shavers come with a charging station that makes the cleaning process too easy for you.
- A Rotary shaver shaves more area in one go which allows you to complete your shave in less time.
Conclusion of Best Rotary Shaver
So it was the post about the 10 Best rotary shavers and these shavers will fulfill all your needs. However, there are many more shavers left to mention but these are some of the best on my knowledge and research.
As usual, we love to hear from you about this post. Tell us which electric shaver you like the most from this list and Why?